Date: June 6-8, 2018
Times: Leave from LRC on Wednesday, June 6 at 8:00 AM. Pick Up at Wild River Country on Friday, June 8 at 7 PM.
Cost: $75 per person (includes Wild River Country Fee)
We will be partnering with the Arkansas Church Planting Network and other youth groups in remodeling the outside and flower beds of an older church building in Searcy, AR. We will be providing labor for rebuilding the bedding around the outside of the building including taking out old wooden border, cleaning out the beds of weeds and vines, pruning over grow shrubs, installing new wooden border and bed liner, and mulching. There will be two full days of work!
We will be staying at the Camp Wyldewood Retreat Center cabins on June 6 and June 7. We will be eating at the church building during the day and in the evening we will eat at local Searcy restaurants.
The Arkansas Church Planting Network has received an older church building in Searcy, AR formerly called Country Valley Christian Church located at 1916 Hwy. 267 in Searcy, AR. ACPN plans to update the building over the summer and launch a new church in the fall 2018. The LRC youth group (and possibly other groups) are providing much needed labor to make this new church attractive to the community.
In the evenings after supper, we will be doing fun activities around Searcy like watching a movie at the Classic Rialto Theater, bowling or hanging out at a local park. ON Friday, June 8 we will travel to Wild River Country in Little Rock, AR for a day at the water park.
- $75 Fee for food, transportation, lodging, and fun events. (Please bring extra money if you want food at movie, bowling, or Wild River Country)
- Work clothes for two days that can get dirt and paint on them
- Work gloves
- Work shoes (Nothing open toed)
- Refillable water bottle
- Comfortable clothing for the night time (Bowling and Movie nights)
- Bedding for a twin bed/pillow
- Shower towels
- MODEST Swimming attire for Wild River Country, sunscreen, towel, and sun glasses
- Medical Release for LRC Events
- Money for food for Wild River Country (Entry fee is included in $75 fee)
- Optional: Large Clippers for yard work, Shovel or garden rake with your name on them
Use the form below to register for this trip. You may pay online, or if you prefer, please bring cash or check to the church office as soon as possible.
*Note: To attend, your child must have a medical release form on file. If you haven’t already done so, download and complete the release form and bring it to the church office.