Little Rock Church is seeking to hire a Small Group and Outreach Minister to lead and oversee these two ministries. This individual will help promote body life within LRC and lead the congregation in seeking the lost and serving those in need.
If you are interested in applying, or know of a qualified candidate, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Small Group and Outreach Minister of Little Rock Church (LRC) will lead and oversee both the Small Group and Outreach Ministry. They will promote both body life within LRC and lead the congregation in spreading the Gospel and serving those in need. They will also oversee our mission efforts outside of Central Arkansas and participate with the Leadership Team to accomplish the mission of the congregation.
The position will empower our small groups with a vision to impact their local communities, and equip our congregation to reach the Southwest Little Rock area by making key connections in the community, strengthening and adding to our helping ministries, and fostering a culture for LRC with programmatic and relational evangelism.
- Strong and long-standing relationship with Jesus Christ
- Strong student of the Word with a passionate prayer Life
- College education: Bachelor’s degree required
- Biblically healthy family life
- Understands and supports the culture, vision, mission and beliefs of LRC
- Experience with leading small groups in a church
- Has a natural passion for outreach and the lost, hurting and marginalized
- Elevate our Small Group and Outreach Ministries.
- Be the primary leader of the LRC Small Group Ministry
- Lead and oversee the outreach efforts of LRC to those who are in need.
- Support evangelism efforts of LRC among the lost who live in places local, national, or international.
- Work with the Leadership Team of elders and Ministry leaders to accomplish the purposes of LRC.
- Oversee the Small Groups, Next Steps and Outreach budgets.
- Participate in Leadership Team meetings.
- Participate in staff meetings.
- Work with the ministry staff to maintain good communication with the LRC body.
- Provide Leadership and oversight to the Small Group Ministry
- Assist potential members in finding a small group
- Mentor, encourage, and disciple small group Leaders
- Recruit and train new Small Group Leaders
- Assist the LRC elders as they shepherd the body through Small Groups
- Work to achieve the objectives of the Small Group Ministry which are; Worship, Spiritual formation, Community, and Outreach.
- Keep current on small group trends.
“NEXT STEPS” MINISTRY
- Develop a culture of great first impressions.
- Responsible for follow up contact with visitors to our body. Develop clear workflow to help keep track and move people to engagement and membership.
- Encourage them to attend Next Steps session and find a Small Group to visit.
- Be the primary Next Steps presenter.
- Recruit team members to greet and make Sunday morning experiences memorable for guests.
OUTREACH (Helping Ministries and Evangelism)
- Lead and oversee the helping efforts of LRC to those who have significant economic and social need.
- Promote LRC participation in the “Home Away From Home.” ministry.
- Assist and support the leaders of “Food for the Hungry Ministry.”
- Be the ministry staff presence at Food for the Hungry events.
- Assist and support the leaders of “Hope’s Embrace Ministry.”
- Assist and support the leaders of all other outreach ministries.
- Encourage and equip LRC to grow new ministries as needed to those in our community who are in need.
- Receive guests from the community who come to the LRC office to seek assistance.
- Empower our small groups to fulfill our mission of Loving God and Loving Others within their local communities.
- Support evangelism efforts of LRC to spread the gospel to people who live in places local, national, or international.
- Cooperate with ministry leaders to encourage a spirit of evangelism among LRC members through outreach activities and natural relationships.
- Oversee and work with international missions partners.
- Monitor opportunities to involve LRC in other national and international mission endeavors as possible.