House Church Discussion Questions
- Read Luke 3:1-6. How can we hear this story as something more than just the recounting of historical events that happened 2,000 years ago? Or should we? Is retelling the story at Christmas enough?
- Why do you think Luke provides all the historical detail of rulers and governors, yet gives us so few historical detail about other things, like what Jesus looked like?
- Why do you think God chose someone like John to be Jesus’ forerunner? Was there anything special about John? What should that mean to you?
- John lived in the desert and ministered there seemingly away from his family. What kinds of circumstances has God used as a training ground for preparing you for your walk with the Lord?
- Read Matt 11:18-19. How dependent are you upon what others think and say about you? How can you change this without becoming callous?