Small Group Discussion Questions
Sermon Text: Isaiah 40:1-9
- What memories do you have of times when you felt you were missing something in Christmas? Something had been lost?
- What does it mean for you to know that God comforts us by forgiving us and also by putting us in right relationship with Him (see also 1 Cor. 5:21)?
- What does it look like in your life now to prepare the way for this Shepherd King? (vs. 3-4).
- Read John 15:9-11 What is God calling you to do to make your joy complete?
- What can be found in this Christmas season and beyond if you trust God as the One who “feeds his flock like a shepherd;” “gathers the lambs in his arms,” and carries “them close to his heart”?