Discussion Questions for Revelation 1:1-3
1. Discuss your group’s perspective of the book of Revelation. Do you tend to avoid it? Is Revelation your favorite book of the Bible? What has led you to come to these conclusions?
2. Read verse 3. How do the three statements help in the way we should read the book of Revelation?
3. In verse 1, John writes about “the things that must soon take place,” and in verse 3, “the time is near.” Why should all Christians in all ages have a sense of urgency in their faith?
4. Two threats to a believer’s faith are cultural seduction and religious persecution. How does knowing Jesus’ authority help believers persevere?
5. How can we behold Jesus for all He is worth? Are there decisions or lifestyles that limit your ability to behold Jesus? What about entertainment and recreation choices?