1. Have you ever looked around and thought that the wicked were prospering and the righteous were being mistreated? How did you respond?
2. How is it comforting to know that God will come to judge the world? How should we Christians anticipate this judgment?
3. There are two messengers in this text. What are the roles of each one, and how are they fulfilled in the New Testament?
4. What is the purpose of God’s purifying process in our lives? Read 1 Peter 1:6-7 for more insight.
5. What acts do you do that reveal a lack of “fear of the Lord”? Examine your heart and consider why you still chase after these things.
Questions are taken from Exalting Jesus in Zephaniah, Haggai, Zechariah, Malachi Christ-Centered Exposition.