- What’s your alarm clock like? Are you able to be gently woken up or do you need a loud siren? Has it always been this way?
- Have there been any ways you think God is trying to spiritually wake you up?
- Some perceive God in the Old Testament as strict and harsh. What other Old Testament passages can you recall that show God to be a God of love?
- Part of the people’s problems stemmed from false expectations on God. They expect Him to do things He never promised. Do we have false expectations? How can we correct our understanding to what God has promised?
- How does this passage in Malachi communicate hope? How can the realization that God loves you affect a hopeless situation in your life?
Some of the questions come from the Christ-Centered Exposition Commentary Series.