Is it Wise
- What’s something you’ve done that felt wise at the time but now seems foolish? Funny stories are a plus!
- Why did Solomon marry Pharaoh’s daughter? What does this mean in light of Israel’s past in Egypt?
- Why are these “high places” problematic and why does God want them destroyed? See Deuteronomy 12:2.
Making It Real
- Why did God bless Solomon with more than wisdom? How can we safeguard ourselves from thinking that Godly wisdom will make us “healthy and wealthy?”
- Why was Solomon’s wisdom more than just about making good choices for Himself? While praying for wisdom for our own issues is good; how can we ask for the kind of wisdom Solomon received that was concerned with justice for others?
‹ Back to Sermons