- Why do you think this passage can be difficult for people to take authoritatively? Is there anything counter-cultural to Paul’s commands for husbands and wives?
- How is Paul’s command for husbands to “love their wives like Christ loved the church” deeper than “be a good leader?”
- Are there any ways that God does not expect a wife to submit to her husband?
- How has Jesus loved the church? How do husbands practically love their wives in these manners?
- For those married, what is a compliment about your spouse that you can share with the group?