House Church Discussion Questions
- Paul is sitting in a jail cell when he writes about the grace of God. Most would assume a jail cell is a bad thing, but Paul considers it a grace. Have you ever believed the hardships in your life are a grace from God?
- In what ways are we able to practically care for our brothers and sisters in Christ who are being persecuted around the world for our faith. For examples of Christian persecution, visit www.persecution.com.
- Paul’s prayer in verses 8-9 is a powerful request. In normal times of group prayer, we will often pray for health, job and family situations, etc. While these are good things to pray for, what does Paul’s prayer teach us about what he thought was important for Christians?
- Read Philippians 1:11 again. Who is the source of the fruits of righteousness in the Christian life? Why is this important?
- An example of fruit is found in Galatians 5:22-23. Notice that the list is in the singular tense. These are the “fruit” of the Spirit. Why would Paul list this as a singular unit and what impact does it have for daily living?